Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
RIP ToyotaCressida.net - Hardtuned.net

RIP ToyotaCressida.net 

Toyota Cressida MX83 TC.net
15 replies to this topic

#1 Rifleman

• Car:Sileighty & Cressida

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

So I'm wondering if anyone as any info on what happened and why TC.net was closed. It's a shame that all that information is now lost and I have lost that connection with other Cressida owners.

Please post facts, Not hearsay subjective opinions and no finger pointing or name bashing!

#2 pman

Pooh Bear; Wreckin' porcelain since the 90's.

• Silver Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Car:RayGay's mum

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Check jzxp.com for further information.

#3 Bloke

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

There's a thread on performanceforums.com about it, too.

Shit got real.

#4 pman

Pooh Bear; Wreckin' porcelain since the 90's.

• Silver Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Car:RayGay's mum

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Haha f**k me. Link to thread please Bloke?

#5 DISH-oh

• Car:LX80, GX81 & JZX100

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

...and just when I finally have some stuff to update my build thread...

It'll be back, give it time.

#6 ROBAPHENT

• Car:Mark II

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

I would like to have the link to the performance forum one.

As southo got court out trying to bull shit his way out of what he did and 10$ says he is doing the same on PF

#7 ROBAPHENT

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

http://performancefo...=toyotacressida

Found it.

Lets just say police are not involved, his story is 90% bull shit and he was caught out on toymods but then mod deleted it all.

Seems he just wants people to feel sorry for him

JZXP has closed down reg to stop noobs joining and a quick replacement forum has bee started here

http://www.cisco-kids.com/forums/

#8 DRE20

• Car:97 s14a

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostROBAPHENT, on 20 February 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

http://performancefo...=toyotacressida

Found it.

Lets just say police are not involved, his story is 90% bull shit and he was caught out on toymods but then mod deleted it all.

Seems he just wants people to feel sorry for him  

JZXP has closed down reg to stop noobs joining and a quick replacement forum has bee started here

http://www.cisco-kids.com/forums/

can someone please copy and paste what happened in here? For those of us that aren't members and can't see for ourselves? :)

#9 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

southo:

Yeah, he's a *milkshake*... [no italics]

CSH, background...

Cressidas are not cars that have a huge cult following and 400,000 websites / forums / owners, so getting information on them is pretty much left to a select few websites / forums.

TC.net was set up to help everyone, even if they had no mechanical knowledge, their car was standard or not.. basically, if you liked the Cressida, you were welcome. It wasn't a pissing competition. Just a place for like minded enthusiasts to share an interest.

When I was doing my 2JZ conversion, there was ZERO information available, nobody had done it before (or if they had, there was no information on them available) - many people had thought about it as the 1JZ conversion was easy, so a few people had a few ideas / suggestions, but there were no "yes, this will work", or "No, that won't because..." information available...

as I did my conversion with the huge help of a few mates, I posted info and more and more people started posting up details of what worked and what didn't etc. in the end it was arguably the best (friendly) site for anyone looking to know whatever about Cressidas. Everyone was welcome as long as they respected the place, and the people in it. - Very simple rules....

When noobs posted stupid questions, yeah it got annoying, but we tried to point them in the right direction and educate them. It was a very tolerant place, peer moderated for 99.9% of the time. Unfortunately, a few longer term members just started going apeshit at the noobs and they were told to pull their head in, many of them thought it was their god given right to do what they want and they had been there for 2/3/4 years (the forums have been around since 2003) and were such experts that they could do as they please. That was not the case and they were told to either accept the rules, ignore the noobs with silly questions or leave, So they started 'trashing' the place and hijacking threads etc and were banned. This escalated to where they set up duplicate users and kept going with it etc. In the end, (due to a few of these idiots taking things way beyond the boundaries of the forum), the police are now involved and the forums had to be shut down....

I don't know if/when they will come back, it's out of my hands now.
If it doesn't come back, then the good info from the threads might find it's way into a wiki type page for people to still access the info...

if tl;dr

Cliffs..
Dickheads took things too far and now police are involved.

only 1 page still... strange considering it is pf

#10 DISH-oh

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

The stupid thing is, in the whinge thread (that served no purpose) on TC.net Southo was the one telling them to HTFU and ignore the noob threads.

Now either he has greatly contradicted himself with an incredibly childish move, or there's more going on behind closed doors that we don't know about.

#11 ROBAPHENT

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

He also stated i was behind it all on Toymods

I been banned from TC for almost a year and have made two posts via a friends account one was for sale thread and one was a update in the 7M NA build vs 1JZ thread

He then stated he did not change peoples message/posts and forum info till after said events happened to him/his car yet time stamps on his own forum state other wise and that they where done prior.

The members he is accusing are from VIC and SA yet they did something to his car in NSW?

He also said he went to the police, I called up as he was accusing people (friends) of death threats and vandalism yet he abusing members and changing there info/message to Gay/homophobic rants So i wanted to send them all the screen dumps and time stamps of these (just in case he tried to edit them after)as they would have fallen under the cyber bulling crap

and funny thing is no one knew his address, But anyway his PO BOX address gave rough idea on his location so the police station was called to the above information could be forwarded to them. They have no recorded of said report. they also stated that it would still come up even if it was done at another police station.

So that is why i find his story so funny it has changed twice maybe even three times since the incident. The main thing is he loves trying to come off as the victim yet he is the one who started banning members abusing them and what not.

#12 DISH-oh

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

You made more than 2 posts on his account...
Didn't know about any of the other stuff though, and if that is in fact TRUE, people taking forum issues to heart and damaging property then I don't blame him at all for closing it.

Just wish I could copy all my PMs and my build thread so I have dates for everything...

Edited by DISH-oh, 20 February 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#13 Rifleman

• Car:Sileighty & Cressida

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Lucky I hadn't got around to doing a build thread yet but the biggest shame is loosing cressida specific sales threads and all that conversion and modification info! I have been posting a year or more an in that time did a lot of reading through most of the more informative threads. I'm just annoyed I can't go back and check little things with my 2JZGTE converson an I was just about to start wiring!

I would also like to make a point that all people bar 1 person was extremely helpful in regards to sharing info and that they were the regular posters. I keep my screen name the same across a few sites so people can recognize me and I'm not sure if you guys were one of the regulars but if you were then thank you. Seems like in the end the problem was the same as here on HT/NS. Lots of new people asking questions that have already been answered and not looking for the info first. It's always going to happen and you just have to grit and bear it.

Hopefully it returns

#14 ROBAPHENT

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

There was not that many posts by me on his user name you could count how many as i would always sign off with

Rob.

and nothing offensive, just info.

If you need info post it here im sure myself dish-oh could answer most questions.

plus i got a lot of info saved im slowly working on putting it up as tech info on my website

#15 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

lol sounds like NS 2.0

#16 DRE20

• Car:97 s14a

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Why did he close it but? What things "allegedly happened" to him or his property?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!