Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
4AGZE Supercharged to TurboCharged - Hardtuned.net

4AGZE Supercharged to TurboCharged 

4 replies to this topic

#1 =MiRkO=

• Car:S14, AE86

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hi Guys,

Just got a sprinter with a 4AGZE Supercharged motor and was thinking should l keep it or remove the supercharger and turbo it instead. Looking to use it for street and track work so nothing crazy but still want it to move wanted to know A) if anyone has done this? B) is it worth it? and C) any tips on it

#2 J_man

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Have a read through davey clarkes DIY guide

http://d1davey.com/4agte/

#3 s14tom

• Car:S14

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

If your on a budget, No.
If your not handy enough to do it yourself, No.

My brother has done this conversion and it wasnt exactly cheap. If your car is running i would just drive it.
Just off the top of my head yoou would need to,
-Buy new manifold
-Buy Turbo
-Make/Modify exhaust
-Make cooler pipes
-Modify/Retune ecu
-Run extra oil and water lines for turbo

Im tired thats all i can think of

#4 =MiRkO=

• Car:S14, AE86

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Car is not running and have read his guide. Anyone know of what kind of power l can get from the supercharger?

We are doing the work ourselves and we have enough mates to do alot ourselves as well. Its a project car.

Was thinking of getting in running with supercharger and if need be switch over to turbo when needed.

Car arrives at my place sunday / monday and will know more then l guess.

#5 Rex_Kelway

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

Stupercharger is brilliant for stock motor to 130kw or so. Very drivable and excellent daily motor. Its not an exciting thing though, the PD style blower just makes it feel like a 3L motor.

If you're going to modify it and hope to make more power go turbo immediately. Keep your turbo size reasonable, T25/28, Subaru TD04 etc

Either way, the T50 gearbox needs some mechanical sympathy with boost.

Rex has a turbo manifold sitting around if you're interested :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!